Useful old PC Software
Some of this software is freeware, some of it is or was shareware.
- Arce is a compression program much used in the CP/M world
- Lu is another archiver from the CP/M environment
- Hexbin (of binhex) converts hex-inten to and from binary
- Reads multiple CP/M formats Removed on request of Sydex
- Analyses and reads disk formats
- TeleDisk 2.11
- Teledisk converts disks to images and back. This version works reliable
when using a 40 track, 360 kByte floppy drive.
- TeleDisk 2.16
- This version seems to be designed for usage with 80 track, 720 kByte or
1.2 MByte drives. Does not work reliable with 40 track drives.
- ImageDisk 1.13
- The free alternative to TeleDisk. Use this for new archive projects. Using
TeleDisk is not free, and this might be enforced one day (like 22Disk).
- Systest is softwate to test and inspect hardware. Great for testing
serial ports. Barely knows what 80386 and VGA are.
- The standard Epson file transfer tool. Works with both HX-20 and
PX-8 (and probably PX-4).
- The opponent of RAWRITE.EXE. Makes images of DOS floppies.
- for the DATA I/O 200 Series programmers.